Our brains were built for visual information, whereas we have to be taught to read.
It’s a fact that customers respond best to information that is presented to them visually and easily digestible whilst on the move. Here’s some interesting statistics about imagery…
- 90% of information processed by the brain is visual
- The human brain processes imagery 60,000 times faster than text
- 80% of people remember what they see (10% what they hear, 20% what they read)
- 55% of website visitors spend less than 15 seconds actively reading
- Most people only read 20-28% of the words on a page
- Imagery produces 650% higher engagement than text-only posts